Please find below accessibility, booking and cancellation information and other details you may find useful when planning your stay. Please contact me if you have any further questions.
- Due to the nature of the house, regretfully it is not suitable for those with reduced mobility.
- There is a high step into the sitting room from the terrace (entrance door).
- The bathroom and bedrooms are on the first floor.
- Please be aware that the ceiling in the breakfast/sitting room is low (approximately 197cm floor to ceiling) and therefore may not be comfortable for very tall people.
- Most of the doorways are low, but the ceilings of the upstairs rooms are high.
- People with slightly reduced mobility may find the free-standing bath difficult to get in and out of, as the sides are high. However, an anti-slip mat, foot stool and suction grab handles (which can be positioned anywhere in the bath) are provided to assist you.
- 2 night minimum stay.
- Stays of 5 nights or more: 10% discount.
- All rates include breakfast. Dietary requirements can be catered for with prior notice.
- Off-road parking for is available.
- Check in time is from 4pm; check out time is by 12 noon. Check out can be extended to 6pm, availability permitting (see Rates).
- Luggage storage is welcome.
- Collection and drop-off at Stowmarket train station is available free of charge.
- You are welcome to change the number of guests in your party and sleeping arrangements after booking: please give 24 hours’ notice before arrival of any changes if at all possible.
- Please contact me before booking if you have any serious (food or other) allergies.
- Please contact me before booking if you wish to book for more than 5 people.
Payment: A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking, which can be paid by cheque or bank transfer. The balance should be paid prior to departure by cheque, bank transfer or cash.
Cancellation policy: For all bookings except those between 21st December and 3rd January: the deposit will be refunded in the event of cancellation more than 14 days before arrival. Between 14 and 7 days before arrival, the deposit is non-refundable but can be held for a future booking. In the event of cancellation less than 7 days before the arrival date, or due to a no-show, I reserve the right to charge the full amount for all nights booked if I am unable to re-book the rooms.
For bookings between 21st December and 3rd January, the deposit will be refunded in the event of cancellation more than 28 days before arrival. Between 28 and 21 days before arrival, the deposit is non-refundable but can be held for a future booking. In the event of cancellation less than 21 days before the arrival date, or due to a no-show, I reserve the right to charge the full amount for all nights booked if I am unable to re-book the rooms.
Smoking policy: Smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms or on the terrace; it is permitted in the garden, outside the fenced driveway and terrace (due to thatched roof). Please put out and dispose of cigarette butts carefully in the upturned flowerpots provided.
Children: Children are very welcome; however, please be aware that there are unfenced ponds and free-range livestock on the property, as well as stinging nettles in wild areas off the lawns and paths. Please supervise your children while in the garden, and when playing with the animals: you are responsible for your children at all times. The driveway and terrace immediately outside your entrance are fenced in.
Animals: Please be aware that there is free-range livestock and wildlife in the garden and therefore this may not be a suitable destination for people who are nervous of animals. However, temporary fencing is available should you want to sit in the garden without being visited by creatures, and the terrace immediately outside your entrance is fenced in and therefore usually free of animals, except for the garden birds who visit the bird table and the odd passing duck!
Pets: Due to free-range livestock and wildlife, unfortunately cats and dogs cannot be accommodated, except for assistance dogs. Smaller animals are welcome to stay in my dedicated ‘animal zone’, with their own separate space to avoid hostility with my pets. They will get the same five-star treatment as my own pets, including several hours’ free range time per day and you will have daily access to them whenever I am at home. I have spare cages suitable for most indoor pets apart from mice, or you are welcome to bring your own.